Our approach is holistic, i.e. we follow Wilhelm von Humboldt’s idea that teaching and research are deeply connected. It is the teaching of scientific basics and advanced topics by experienced researchers that will advance the students and thus the entire field of research.
We are conducting research in the fields of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Specifically, we investigate quantum transport in van der Waals materials, nanomaterial growth, and application of nanostructured materials in photonics, electronics, mechanics, bio-circuits.
The CHyN is registered as a ‘Gerätezentrum’ of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) under code RI_00477.
- Stem cell-derived neurons on nanowire array
- Opening: Master and Bachelor
- Our research in the Universität Hamburg magazine „19NEUNZEHN“
- Press Release by Nanoscribe – Cell-culture microarchitectures for 3D neuronal networks
- Tech Note – Together with Zeiss – Fabrication and Characterization of Nanofluidic Devices for DNA Optical Mapping